Monday, November 22, 2010

Vintage Knitting Needle Bracelets

Vintage Knitting Needle Bracelets

A few days ago I read this post over at A Little Bird Told Me and just loved the bracelets that Christina had made so today when I was op shopping and found a bunch of vintage knitting needles I just had to buy some. They were only 50 cents a pair so I managed to get 8 bracelets for just $2. Bargain!!

Vintage Knitting Needle Bracelets

I used Zephyrama's tutorial which Christina linked to in her post and it was super easy. They took about 10 minutes to make. Pretty sure I am going to want to do this to every set of knitting needles I see from now on! I made mine small to fit my wrists but they don't fit over my hand. The cool thing about these though is they are still a little flexible when cooled down so you can unwrap them to get them onto your wrist them wrap them back up again and they won't break or lose their shape.

Vintage Knitting Needle Bracelets

Now run quickly to your nearest op shop and get yourself some vintage knitting needles because every girl needs a set of these bracelets!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Very cool. I especially like the last blue one.

Lillabilly said...

I saw that tutorial a little while ago and put it on my to-do list. I also saw some knitting needle bangles at a market recently, selling for $10 a bangle!! Good to know us crafty types can make our own for a fraction of the cost.

Melissa said...

That is so cool! I wish that I could make some of those, but unfortunately the second-hand shop only have metal needles. I don't think I've ever seen plastic ones before. :(

I love the top photo, what a great set!

Jessica said...

so cool!

Sarah said...

So cool!! I've not seen plastic needles before, either, and these ones are so colourful! :)

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

Wow that is a super cool idea!!! I've never seen these before!

Christina said...

They're quick and fun aren't they? My sister and I made some more and found that dunking the bangles in cold water while the are wrapped around a tin will set them quickly and help them keep their shape.

:)

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

They are super cool! Nice work.

TheCookieJarvis said...

What a lovely idea - I would have never thought of that but I LOVE IT!! Thanks for sharing!