Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Summer Picnic Dress

So Melbourne Cup is finally over which I means I actually have some time to post something. I made this dress last week during the craziness of getting ready for Melbourne Cup and it was great because I literally had a couple of hours here and there to do it and it came together so quickly.

Pattern: Vogue 8380
Material: Printed Cotton Voile (from Spotlight)
Time Taken: 1 week
Actual Sewing Time: approx 5 hours.

Summer Picnic Dress

I am so happy with how this dress turned out and it was perfect to wear today since the weather has finally decided to start acting like its Spring. It makes me feel like I should be down at the beach having a picnic (hence the title of the post). I have another project on the go at the moment which I should hopefully have done but this weekend. Actually it has to be done for this weekend because it is my costume for Corey's sisters fancy dress party on Saturday night. I better go do some sewing!!!

11 comments:

Liesl said...

What a gorgeous dress - you chose a great print. Good luck with the sewing deadline!!

ChYmEc!nDy** said...

nice dress...

Veronica Darling... said...

Such nice material babes! xoxo

Kat said...

What a great dress! I almost bought that fabric last time I was at SP. It will be perfect for summer.

Alexandra Mason said...

Love your dress! the material is gorgeous.

Sally said...

Such a fantastic dress. I love voile so much. That dress must feel so wonderful to wear - it looks amazing.

TheCookieJarvis said...

Oh this is so darling - I love the little tie on the shoulder!

Lillabilly said...

Kat, that is stunning! The material is just perfect and really makes it special, not to mention that cute ribbon tie! Nice job!!

Rachel said...

It looks lovely! I am so jealous that you actually get to wear summer clothes out and about!

sophie said...

You look gorgeous Kat, the colours are great on you and the style is beautiful. I actually have just bought this pattern - so many people love it. I am planning on turning it into a maxi dress!

Melissa said...

Great job! It looks fantastic on you!!